Hi guys,
today I had the opportunity to teach my second class at English Access and I started
at 3: 00 pm, but this time I felt more comfortable because I asked the teacher
if I could create my own lesson plan which she told me if was ok, so I was surer
about my class.
I started
the class with a warm up activity called: “Draw it all’’, this time students
had a lot fun by drawing and trying to guess some verbs; they enjoyed the
activity a lot. After that, I asked them to make groups of three and one of
them should be the representative in which they had to choose a famous person whatever
they wanted and then the others asked them some questions using simple present;
they developed the activity in a nice way.
Then, I gave
them some topics in which they had to choose whatever they liked the most and
create some conversations about the topic. What I realized is that they like
speaking activities, so I tried to include speaking activities in order to make
them practice.
I had a
great time teaching because the students are very nice. This time I really feel
comfortable about my class and I really enjoyed how the students developed in a
nice way what you asked them to do.

Jenny, I can't feel any happier about you. It seems to me you're adapting your teaching style to your learners' needs. This exactly is how an effective planning is designed. When you discover your learners' needs and prefered learning style, you're more aware of what things to sort in and out from your lesson plan.
ResponderEliminarI'm also happy about your talk to your mentor and his/her open attitude to let you design your own lesson plan.
Although this was a great week, I'd really appreciate if you also include something that you felt could hinder your Ss' learning.