domingo, 12 de febrero de 2017

My first time teaching English



My first teaching experience was on Thursday the 9th at 8:30. I started the class with a warm up activity called “Pass the dice” which was pretty good because students participated and enjoyed the activity. The first minutes I could handle everything in a good way, but after that I got nervous which was very difficult because I had to play a listening conversation and the audio did not work, so in that moment I really felt desperate, but I tried to calm down and I could handle it.


This experience was kind of difficult for me because I taught grammar and vocabulary. My group are in a basic level which I think; it is kind of difficult for they are in very basic level. At the end of the class I was a little disappointed because I know I can do it better, but it was my first time, so for my next class I have some ideas on mind which I will apply in order to have a very nice class.

6 comentarios:

  1. So sad to rad that the audio did not work, and anyone in that position would have felt as you, but don't worry. Now you know that those things can happen for the next time have prepared a quick solution. Don't feel disappointed because things don't work as planned, just get ready for the next one and make you best fo having a better class.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I undestand your point because anyone would be nervous as you were, but I know you can do it better the next time.
    I wish you the best!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello, Jenni! I know that working with audios is complicated sometimes, but I have learned that it's better to have a plan B in case you need it. I know you can do a better job. Keepn your chin up!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I understand you because the same problem happened to my in my first class, and I know that teaching basic students is difficul because they are getting accostumed to English. Give your best in your second class.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. So sad that you had some technical problems with your equipment. so just make sure some minutes before your class that it works appropriate so that you avoid having problems while developing, as a whole, your first experience teaching was good enough to learn from your mistakes. Super!!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. hello jenni, we already know that teaching basic students is not easy, but as I read you could manage the group very well, im so glad that you had fun and that all your students participate .

    ResponderEliminar